A workshop for beginners to build confidence when tackling your machine quilted projects. Learn how to prepare your quilt “sandwich”, decide what thread to use, adjust tension on your sewing machine and use the correct needle. Machine quilt with a walking foot and learn some basic free motion stitches with your free motion quilting foot.
Supply List for Beginner Free Motion Quilting
• sewing machine - in good working order with the capabilities of dropping your feed dogs. (if you are unsure please consult your manual or speak you’re your sewing machine dealer) You should be comfortable using your sewing machine and know how to thread your machine, wind the bobbin, adjust the tension, change the needles.
• Please bring your manual with you.
• Walking foot and free-motion foot for machine quilting - also known as a darning or embroidery foot (For some machines these names are interchangeable others there will be three different feet speak with your dealer for help and order early if you require this foot)
• thread in various colours - whatever you have
• extra bobbins
• basic sewing supplies including scissors, sewing machine needles (Schmetz 80/12 Universal), nickel-plated safety pins rotary cotter and ruler
• eight 14" square pieces of 100 % - can be plain or printed
• four 14" square pieces of batting - cotton or cotton blend batting
• Scraps of fabric any size – wee bits to larger pieces we’ll work with whatever you have
• Scraps of batting – any size
• pencil, pens and note paper
Please feel free to email me or call if you have any questions about this supply list.